The Interim Resource provides a flexible solution, with public sector clients able to call-off expert procurement resources as and when required. We provide a bank of qualified consultants at agreed project, day or hourly rates to be allocated to deliver procurements where additional demand is often required rapidly. We provide client management across all projects, liaising directly with commissioning stakeholders and providing progress reports to your Procurement Team.
Expert and committed procurement support
We advise on, and support our clients in creating and running appropriate, fit for purpose procurements. We work alongside our clients providing them with the expertise and the manpower to make it happen. Procurement is our passion and our commitment to you is as follows:
- Regular, clear and concise communications, ensuring that the client interface remains constant and consistent. We are experts in working with Local Authority teams and stakeholders
- Provide MCIPS-qualified public sector procurement experts that can not only facilitate a fully compliant process but know how to access specialist support when they need to
- Advice on which procurement route is most appropriate, as well as support in specification generation. The specification is imperative in order to be able to measure and monitor outcomes post contract award
- Competently and robustly leading the procurement process. We are sticklers for detail; everything from issuing the notices to drafting tender documents and contracts, to evaluating, arranging bidder days and presentation days; we deliver a highly professional service with integrity
- We will ensure 100% compliance and transparency via our InTend portal, or we can use your tendering portal
Fully managed solution, when you need it most
Our Interim Resource provides our clients with the flexibility to allocate additional resources where they are needed most, and only paying for what is used on a monthly basis. Typically, we provide clients with the following support with our procurement resource hub operation:
Set up and operation of the Interim Hub and Reporting
Establishment of a dedicated and secure SharePoint Folder and CRM system. This will capture all case details and progress /outcomes for each project. Regular reports will be generated from the CRM and presented to the Authority Procurement Lead and Commissioners.
Agree an outline scope and timeline for each project and estimated associated costs. We will track progress against the scope and will highlight any changes that will affect the expected cost.
We will work directly with commissioning stakeholders, helping to develop their specifications, producing procurement strategies and project plans and timelines. Progress against each project will be discussed weekly and reports shared with the Authority’s Procurement Team.
Our resources will record time against each project, and a monthly management produced showing time and cost deployed against the progress of each case. This will be based on the agreed day rates, which will inclusive of all services and fees.
“Place Group was contracted by the Department for Education to run the South West Regional Hub service. Over the course of the pilot, the South West Hub delivered support to over 1,380 schools, almost 60% of the schools in their region. They met or exceeded all contractual targets set, generating more than £26m in savings for schools, helping their budgets go further. The Hub also consistently scored above their target in customer satisfaction surveys.
We would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge and congratulate you on your achievement of reaching all targets set. The excellent results, across the board, truly demonstrate the hard work and commitment that has been put into the continued quality delivery of the Hub service.”