MAT Growth and Efficiency
The Trust Capacity Fund continues to support MAT growth and development. Place Group can produce TCaF applications for eligible MATs.Find out more
We are currently working with a number of Trusts on TCaF 2022 applications, building on the numerous successful funding applications we supported MATs with in 2020 and 2021.
The window for the current TCaF round is 1st April 2022 to 30th June 2022 and applications must be linked to a growth strategy that has been approved by RSC between 1th January 2022 and 30th June 2022. Further details can be viewed here.
Your TCaF application must be linked to a clearly defined growth project that has been approved by a RSC between 1 January 2022 and 30 June 2022. This must commit you to either taking at least one new school into your Trust by 31 March 2024 or converting to academy status and taking on at least two new schools (with all schools to be taken into your Trust by 31 March 2024).
The following types of growth project are eligible for TCaF:
- Applications from schools to convert to academy status and form a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT)
- Sponsor matches for schools with directive Academy Orders (dAOs)
- Trust mergers, including a Single Academy Trust (SAT) joining a larger MAT and SATs joining together to create new trusts
- Academy transfers from one trust to another
- Approved free school bid proposals
Our team can support compelling submissions aligned to themes including deliverability, value for money, sustainability, cost and resource management. If you would like support with producing the elements required for a TCaF 2022 submission windows, please contact Place Group here.
MAT and SAT Development
Since the initiation of the Academies Act 2010, Place Group has been at its forefront, working with Multi-Academy Trusts and Single Academy Trusts to provide expertise and capacity. In 2019 and 2020 we have been particularly helping Trusts to grow in size and membership aligned to their ambitions and strategies.
We support Trusts in all aspects of their growth and development, and our team have a full 360-degree perspective on what it takes to build a framework for success. We even established our own Multi-Academy Trust in 2012, which has since successfully opened seven free schools each with Good or Outstanding Ofsted judgments, and an eighth joined the Trust 2020.
We have been conducting reviews of trusts’ performance since 2013, when we were engaged by an academy trust seeking external validation and advice to drive quicker improvements at a school and Trust level. As with all our services, each is designed with the exact requirements of the Trust at the forefront, including;
- Identifying potential candidate/partner schools/trusts
- Brokerage support for negotiating with potential partners
- Strategy/Trust Improvement Plan Review
- Financial/Operations Review
- Audit of the Monitoring Cycle
- Governance Review
- Safeguarding/CP and Policy Review
- Resource and Efficiency Planning
- Strategies for Growth
Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.