MAT Growth and Efficiency
The Trust Capacity Fund will continue to support MAT growth and development. We can produce TCaF applications for eligible MATs.Find out more
MAT and SAT Development
Place Group can offer support in MAT and SAT Development plans and in conducting reviews of your schools’ and trust’s performanceFind out more
The Trust Capacity Fund (TCaF) 2020-2021 is the successor programme to the Trust Capacity Fund 2019-2020 which will continue to support MAT growth and development across England. TCaF 2020-2021 will also support outstanding or good local authority maintained rural hamlet and rural village schools to collaborate and create new, strong Multi-Academy Trusts.
There are 2 periods within the 2020-2021 financial year to apply for the Trust Capacity Fund:
1. April 2020 until July 2020
2. September 2020 until December 2020
Place Group can help MATs produce all elements of TCaF applications during 2020, including taking on the time commitment and organising your thoughts and ideas into a successful submission.
Your TCaF application can be supplementary to the academisation support that we offer and can also be included, where relevant, in Growth Strategy plans within the procurement planning section of application.
Our expert team can support the submission of an application – including through the production of a MAT Growth Strategy – for any one of the five TCaF Strands
- Strand A1: supporting strong MATs to grow and innovate in areas of long-standing need
- Strand A2: encouraging strong MATs to grow by converting and improving weaker maintained schools or adding vulnerable academies to their trust and improving them
- Strand B: accelerating the development of mid-sized MATs with the potential to be strong
- Strand C: creating new strong MATs, either by single academy trusts joining larger trusts or by supporting the growth of existing trusts via mergers or priority projects, identified by regional schools commissioners (RSCs)
- Strand D: supporting outstanding or good local authority maintained rural schools to collaborate and create new, strong Multi-Academy Trusts
Our team can support compelling submissions aligned to themes including:
- Value for money
- Resource Management
MAT and SAT Development
Since the initiation of the Academies Act 2010, Place Group has been at its forefront, working with Multi-Academy Trusts and Single Academy Trusts to provide expertise and capacity. In 2019 and 2020 we have been particularly helping Trusts to grow in size and membership aligned to their ambitions and strategies.
We support Trusts in all aspects of their growth and development, and our team have a full 360-degree perspective on what it takes to build a framework for success. We even established our own Multi-Academy Trust in 2012, which has since successfully opened seven free schools each with Good or Outstanding Ofsted judgments, and an eighth joined the Trust 2020.
We have been conducting reviews of trusts’ performance since 2013, when we were engaged by an academy trust seeking external validation and advice to drive quicker improvements at a school and Trust level. As with all our services, each is designed with the exact requirements of the Trust at the forefront, including;
- Identifying potential candidate/partner schools/trusts
- Brokerage support for negotiating with potential partners
- Strategy/Trust Improvement Plan Review
- Financial/Operations Review
- Audit of the Monitoring Cycle
- Governance Review
- Safeguarding/CP and Policy Review
- Resource and Efficiency Planning
- Strategies for Growth
Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.